Objects of construction, industrial, and energy production often need to transport large-sized goods, cargo, and installations to their destination. In logistics, they are usually called project cargo. For oversized or project transportation, special equipment, large-sized equipment and other complex and voluminous goods are often used. Their dimensions, together with the vehicle, exceed the established norms. In this regard, transportation of such goods is determined by a number of facts that must be observed consistently and on time.
Project cargo includes:
- Industrial installations;
- Parts of large structures;
- Appliances that are in demand in the industrial, construction and other areas
The main feature of project cargo is that, due to technical features (weight and dimensions,) they must not move on public roads. Theheavy and overall components of such goods can destroy or damage the bridge supports, cause damage to the road surface. When planning these deliveries, it is necessary to prepare separate routes and to form a transportation project; a number of approvals are also required. Most often, rail and road transport modes are used for transportation of such goods. Railway transportation is profitable because of short delivery terms, independence on weather events, regular movement of trains, wide routing. However, this type of project cargo transportation is quite expensive. Also, on the route in remote areas, a need may arise in the construction of additional transshipment complexes, which certainly multiply the cost.
In road transport, low-landing trawls (platforms) are used for heavy loads. The lifting capacity of such platforms (trawl) reaches up to 200 tons., with parameters of 33m x4 m.. In order to achieve the necessary maneuverability, axes are attached to the trawls, when controlling the vehicle movement.
- Development of optimal cargo delivery schemes according to customer's requirement;
- Execution of technical documentation (diagrams, drawings, routes, etc.) Approval of the cargo delivery time and the choice of transport, approval of the receiving party;
- Obtaining a transport permit;
- Approval of the route and the transport project with the road services and the State Traffic Inspectorate.
When choosing routes, the following must be taken into account:
- Maximum permissible height for overpasses/tunnels along the route;
- Maximum permissible load of the bridges’ capacity;
- Maximum load of the road;
- Height of the power lines.
When delivering project cargo, the following additional costs must be considered:
- Survey / escort and security on railway / auto transport;
- Customs clearance.
For complex projects (if the route is complicated, for example, by the lack of the necessary transport infrastructure) the delivery takes several months
In this case, registration of classification decisions in the Federal Customs Service (FCS) is required. This procedure allows you to avoid certification and registration of each unit or batch of equipment as part of a single large lot. In this case, the customs duty for the entire system can be significantly lower in comparison with the duty of each individual item; the document flow with the customs authorities is significantly optimized; the goods are released into free circulation as they arrive at customs, and not after the arrival of the whole batch.
Project cargo is the most complex type of transportation. Optimal Logistics will develop the route in detail, perform monitoring and control at all stages and on the route. Moreover, while complicating such complex logistics tasks, it is advisable to have the customers’ representatives at all control points of the cargo route.